5 Ways You Can Utilize a Swim Spa
Swim spas are an excellent way to enjoy all the benefits of a full-sized pool, but in a smaller package. With the use of airless swim jets, swim spas create a perfect environment for water-based exercises. Handrails and comfortable seating make the swim spa even more versatile, so you can relax and rehab in the same space.
Are you interested in new ways to use your swim spa? Here are five ways you can make the most of it.
- Get a workout. Swimming is an excellent form of low-impact exercise for people of all ages and abilities. And with a home swim spa, gone are the days of journeying off the gym or public pool to get your workout. You can achieve a great aerobic fitness routine from the comfort of home by doing resistance training, swimming, core exercises, and more in your swim spa.
- Enjoy quality time. Sitting in a spa is the perfect way to spend time with those you love the most. Kids and adults alike can enjoy splashing or relaxing in a swim spa, and this is a rare chance to enjoy conversations away from phones, tablets, and television.
- Relax and relieve muscle pain. The swim spa’s hydromassage jets and spa seating provides the ultimate relaxation experience. Warm water creates a soothing effect that results in all kinds of health benefits, from reduced anxiety to lowered blood pressure.
- Cool down. Enjoy soaking in the swim spa as a nice escape from the heat of the summer sun. Bring pool toys and snacks to make a real party for the whole neighborhood.
- Pretend you’re out on the lake. Believe it or not, a swim spa provides the ultimate dual investment and can take the place of both a pool and a boat. When the wave pool is in action, use the tether cord to ride the waves on a boogie board or kneeboard.
Learn more about the many ways to utilize a swim spa by contacting Blue Waters Pool and Spa here.
5 Health Benefits of Soaking in a Hot Tub
While many deem the use of hot tubs as pure entertainment or a quiet place to relax, they actually offer that and a whole lot more. At Blue Waters, we’ve personally witnessed some of the many health benefits people have enjoyed over the years when it comes to quality of life and overall health in general. Here are some of these amazing health benefits of soaking in a hot tub:
1. Chronic Pain Relief
If you are suffering from joint pain, a sore back, or even arthritis, soaking in a hot tub has been proven to reduce pain and provide relief. Hot tub bubbles create a buoyant, weightless feeling that relaxes tight muscles and the heat itself increases blood circulation. This helps with inflammation, flexibility, and strength that can all provide a better range of physical motion with less pain.
2. Better Sleep
Taking a dip in your hot tub warms your body, making it easier for you to fall asleep and do so quickly. Soaking in a hot tub relaxes your body and keeps it warm, especially if you soak within 2-3 hours of bedtime. Sleeping patterns are often disrupted when your body is cold, and soaking in a hot tub helps to regulate your body’s temperature during the night.
3. Less Stress
Everyone needs a little less stress in their lives, and soaking in a hot tub is an easy way to do just that. The heat combined with therapeutic massage easily works out tense, sore muscles and relaxes your body in a more natural way.
4. Lower Blood Pressure
Who knew lowering your blood pressure was as easy as sitting in a hot tub? Sitting in hot tubs initially makes your heart work a little harder so your body better disperses the heat, but this also increases blood flow and produces more oxygen than normal—revitalizing cells in the process. This then leads to decreased resistance for your heart and lower your blood pressure overall.
5. Healthier Looking Skin
And finally, if you want healthier, younger looking skin, soaking in a hot tub may just be the secret. To put it simply, less stress and anxiety paired with better sleep are one of the keys to warding off premature aging. Hot tubs also improve your circulation, which gives you a healthy glow that’s pretty hard to beat.
If you’re ready to begin enjoying the many benefits of hot tub ownership, contact us today!